Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Finally Made it to Boston!

Well I'm a bit late on this but bear with me...I worked a loooooong stretch of days while being sick so I was not all about blogging my adventure.

At the end of October Theresa came to visit which was so fabulous! I love having visitors...makes me not miss home so much for the time they are here!

So anyhow she was here for about a week and the three of us had never been to Boston so we took a lil road trip...

Friday we took the train from Boston to Salem to see what their Halloween witch fun was all about...





It was quite interesting to wander around the town and hear about all the witch happenings...the middle picture there is from the Dungeon Witch Museum showing the convicted witches being hanged.

That Friday night we met up with our friend Beth for a Halloween party...the band what was playing was all dressed up too...the drummer was my fave...he was Chunk from the Goonies!






Then came Snowtober.....

We woke up on Saturday morning to a freak October snow storm that pretty much ruined our day of sight seeing! Instead we slept till 2pm and then found the OSU bar and navigated the T and the snowstorm to make it to the bar. Luckily it was all worth our while and OSU won!!



It was a snowy slushy mess when we left and I proceeded to slide down the sidewalk and land in a puddle...



I can't even blame it on the alcohol...

Sunday we tried to do a whirlwind tour of Boston and found out it really is a pretty city...with some really friendly squirrels!






We ended the trip trying to park and walk around Harvard but it was a bust...Harvard outsmarted us and we couldn't figure out where to park or what to do...

Thankfully we made it back to CT without running into fall power lines or snapped trees and the best thing of all is we had power when we came back which is more that a lot of people could say! Some people in Mass and CT are STILL without power!!

Theresa is long gone now and I'm done with the crazy work stretch and looking forward to our next adventure...NYC in about two weeks!!! CANT WAIT!!

No comments: