Monday, October 25, 2010

Here I Am!

Well all you loyal readers I know you have probably been dying to know what I've been up to...

I've been work work workin and let me just tell you that I do love this travel nursing deal and I have no regrets doing what I'm doing...buuuut sometimes I feel like this hospital is just bananas!

Let me first say that the people at the hospital are freakin awesome. Super nice and extremely helpful. They have really welcomed us and showed us the rope and let us ask tons of questions. It's also nice that California has these staffing laws in place. There are never any crazy unsafe assignments and people are almost always available to help when you need it. They have these things called a buffer nurse who's sole job is to help with admissions, get people out on breaks, help you with patient care, etc, etc. Children's in Columbus was also starting to implement this but sometimes we just didn't have the staff available to make it happen! Let me tell you it makes a huge difference!

With all that being said I still don't know that I could see myself ever staying at this hospital. I just don't understand how they get by doing some of the things they do and not having some of the standards of practice that Columbus has...even just for simple things like trach and g-tube care. It just baffles me. I can't be that girl that goes around comparing LPCH to Columbus Chilren's so I just bite my tongue and do things the way they want me to, but a big part of me cannot wait to get back to Columbus to my unit and they way I like things.

We are however looking into jobs for January and right now are hoping for something in Ft. Myers Florida! We will see what happens!

Enough rambling though...I got some teevee to catch up on after my weekend in Vegas!

An update on that will come tomorrow!

For now..peace out kids!

No comments: