Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Failure!

So I came to Canton on Saturday... (was supposed to come Friday but couldn't turn down a trip to the Big Bang with some cool work peeps!) But yeah my sister was graduating high school on Sunday and I had to be there for her big day!

All in all the weekend was a success...

Pa and I did a lil car shoppin and I found a lovely Honda CR-V that I want to be allllll mine!

There was minimal family drama...it can never be fully drama free of course

Hannah graduated and the ceremony was not as awful as it could have been although someone did shake a baby at one point and I kind of freaked out...

I got to eat Handels cotton candy ice cream

Got to get a haircut and manicure by my sister Holly

Did some shopping and bought some cute new shirts

Got to watch my sisters play softball

Got to spend some QT with the ma....

With all that awesomeness there was one major FAIL....my run...

It sucked...big time...

Last time I tried to run in Canton, I went through the neighborhood and it did not go well...so this time I decided to drive down to Sippo lake and try out one of their trails...BAD IDEA!

I wasn't at all familiar with the trail which sucked....there were ugly hills...it was wicked hot outside...and I was running alone so I had no one there to push me and make me keep going...

I have discovered as we get into the longer runs that I suck at running by myself. I quit too easily and have a very hard time pushing myself!

Today I ran about 13 minutes and then quite aside from little like 20 seconds bursts of energy I got...I was supposed to run for a solid 25 minutes :(

Again...I can't let this discourage me...I work tomorrow night so Tuesday I WILL GO RUNNING AGAIN! And I WILL RUN 25 MINUTES!! I think I need to start chanting "Pain is temporary...quitting lasts forever..." I read it in another blog and like the sound of it...I need to stop being a quitter gosh darnit!

I think that is all my ranting for now....Gots to get some sleep so I can drive back to the bus tomorrow before work!

Peace out kids!

3 comments:

Jenna Storad said...

I must say your hair does look fab ;)

Jenna Storad said...

I must say your hair does look fab ;)

Britt said...

http://recsports.osu.edu/activities-classes/open-recreation

there are some running loops too on the OSU rec page. they map out the distance and stuff. you're probably more familiar with those areas than i am so i don't know if they are any good but if there are any we should try, let me know!