Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Save a Life! Or Three...


How can you say no to that cute lil red blood cell???

I finally gave blood again yesterday right after I got off work.

I hadn't given since Oct. 30th 2007! What is wrong with me?!?!

Of course in my line of work I am going to be a HUGE advocate of blood donation!

Some nights I feel like some sort of vampire either drawing so many labs and taking kids blood or transfusing sick kids with blood product after blood product alllllll night long. The cancer kids especially need it all...platelets, red cells, and plasma.

By taking an hour out of your time, and a pint of blood out of your system (you have 10-12 pints total so one lil pint is nothin!) you could save up to 3 peoples lives!

If anyone is scared of needles I'll come hold your hand while you donate...you also get snacks afterward! FREE FOOD!! And if your nurse I just found out yesterday that you get an hour of CEU credit...it's a program they have call give an hour get an hour...awesome!

So everyone take a look at that cute little red cell up there, find out where there is a blood donation going on in your area, find an hour of time, and give some blood!

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Britt said...

i was just thinking the other day how i havent donated in years. i really need to do it! thanks for the additional reminder!