Saturday, February 13, 2010

St. Jude's


I'm sure you all know by now how much I hate cancer and how much I love St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. They just do amazing things and it doesn't matter what your race, profession, income or any of that is. They will treat your child no matter what.

Yesterday on the way to go babysit I was listening to WCOL, the country radio station here, and realized they were doing their annual Angel of Hope marathon. During this marathon parents tell stories of their time at St. Jude's and they play heart wrenching songs in the background at the same time.

I was just driving to Powell bawling like a baby. I just think about all the lil kiddos I see at work fighting cancer and want someone out there to find a cure and make it all go away.

St. Jude's is run mostly on donations...I read that it takes, on any given day, 1.5 million buckaroos to run the hospital and 1.34 million of that is paid for by charitable foundations. Last year during this marathon I said that next year (meaning this year) I would become a partner in hope...so I did...

I called in and am now donationg $20 a month to St. Jude's. A couple weeks ago I was contemplating joining a gym to get my ass in shape and that was going to be $40 a month. Now gave half of that away and will just have to work out at the Bay's gym here...the kids need the money more than Urban Active does. How can you say no to a face like that lil girl up there??

Take a listen to James Otto and the song he wrote about St. Jude's. They played that on the radio and just caused me to have a breakdown!


Everyone give thanks for all the healthy kids in your life...

Ok...I'm hopping off my soapbox now...

No comments: