Monday, April 12, 2010

Just Keep Running...Just Keep Running...


Well kids I know you are probably all wondering if I am keeping up with my couch to 5k program...

The answer is a big fat YES!

I have to brag for a bit and just say that I am so beyond proud of myself for sticking with this...I think it really helps that B. Thomp is doing it too. We are doing fabulous at encouraging each other and it's nice to having a running buddy sometimes!

I found a GREAT app on my iPod touch that correlates with the couch to 5k program. I used it for the first time on my run today and fell in love!

The lady that narrates the program has a lovely British accent and is the most encouraging lady ever! You can turn on your running playlist and then start this app and she will interrupt when she needs to so she can tell you when to run and when to walk. She also interjects very encouraging words and coaches you on all the way though the run!! It is just fantastic and has helped me to not stare at the stopwatch through my runs.

My legs were EXHAUSTED today and I barely made it through the second 3 min run but dammit I did it and I can tell that I am slowly getting better!

I will be a runner yet!

1 comment:

Britt said...

We are so awesome!!! I'm so proud for sticking with it too!!

I think it's the best program/workout plan i've ever tried! It's so nice that it's only 3 days a week, 20 minutes a day but yet I still feel invested in making it a success!! GO US!