Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Working 9-5???


Well tonight is my last night off before working 4 on, 1 off, 2 on. I know I know let's not be jealous of me now! I can't complain too much...I had a week long vaca, work about a week, and then get to hop on a plane to Houston to see one of my faves...Miss Rizzo!

Today on my day off I went to visit my old job at the OSU housing office, babysat for a couple hours, and headed to burger nite...

It got me thinking...

Sometimes....now this is only sometimes...I almost wish I had a nice 9-5 mon-fri office job...

I heart my job big time and love not being run by an alarm clock and the extra dollars made on nights...but I have to admit that at times it really cramps my life...

It would be nice to have all my weekends and nights free and not have to worry about finding people to work for me when people have weddings, showers, parties, etc...or having my nights free to hang out with friends and grab drinks or watch every episode of the bachelor...lol

Writing this out really makes it not seem so bad...I think I'm just being selfish, but I just go through these phases every now and then when I get to feeling like this...and since this is my blog this is where I shall vent :)

I'm sure if I had a 9-5'er I'd find lots to complain about as well...like working 5 days a week, waking up early, being stuck at a desk for most of the day, missing out on the kiddos, etc etc...

Looks like the grass isn't always greener now is it...

1 comment:

Britt said...

yea but eventually you have the option of working day shift if you would want, which would be similar to a 9-5 and still doing what you like to do. whereas office people usually have no option of working anything but 9-5. or 8-4:30 in my case.