Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Apt May Burn Down...

So last night when I got home from work at midnight I walked into my apt and immediately wondered what the heck was on fire!

It smelled very strongly of smoke...especially in my utility room where my heater is...

I totally freaked out...

But not enough to get out right away...

I first ate my subway and googled some stuff about gas leaks and smoke and such...

When I googled smoke smell some paranormal website came up about ghosts being around when there is a strong smoke smell...you have to tell them to get out that only good spirits are welcome!

That one COMPLETELY freaked me out!

The other ones said that if its gas that I need to immediately evacuate with my family and pets and get to a safe location...dont use a cell phone, computer, or switch any switches or anything like that...

Well I read that as I was on my computer...texting people...and watching tv...and I hadn't exploded yet...

The smell didn't go away after an hour so I packed up Charli and headed to the car...called 411 about 8 times to try to get ahold of someone at 1am and waited patiently until 2am when the Columbia Gas company came...

He brought his little meter and assured me there was no gas or carbon monoxide...

Today it still smells slightly of smoke...I hope it doesn't explode while I'm at work...

No comments: