Sunday, March 8, 2009

St. Patty's Oh How I Love Thee!

St. Patricks Day 2K9 is quickly approaching and I could not be happier about it! It is my favorite day of the year and I get to celebrate it twice this year! Who couldn't love St. Patty's??? Let's take a look at why other holidays just cannot compare to this day of Irish fun...

New Years: You have to worry about finding the perfect outfit and if your single you gotta hunt down someone to kiss at midnight otherwise you worry that your entire year is off to a terrible start...


Valentine's Day: Let's face it if you are single this holiday completely sucks. Even if you aren't single it's really nothing fun...plus I hate hearts...


Easter: Easter totally overshadows St. Patty's. A friend and I went out to look for St. Pat's decorations and were just overwhelmed and overloaded with pastels, eggs, and little stuffed bunnies everywhere we went...which was to 4 different stores! Easter is too religious of a holiday for everyone to enjoy and I just want to vomit when I see all those children in pastel dresses and pant suits...blah!


Memorial Day and Independence Day: Now these two holidays are not terrible I will admit...BBQ's are a good time but what if you have no BBQ's to go to...no bars host huge Memorial day bashes do they??? Plus it's really hot on these holidays and we all know how much I hate to sweat!


Halloween: I don't know about you but I always have trouble deciding what I want to be and that my friends stresses me out. I don't ever feel comfortable dressing up as the slutty _________ (insert you own word here...fireman, police officer, janitor, whatever it may be) And you can't show up to a party as a dead bride...I mean we all know how that turned out for Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls...Plus parents have to worry about all the child predators out there poisoning their kids candy...that just ensues stress all over the place! I do love me some candy corn though!


Thanksgiving and Christmas: Now I do love to eat me some turkey and mashed taters and open lovely gifts with family but this is the true "holiday season" and lots of people stress about family coming into town and gifts that need bought and where everyone is going to stay and who's side of the family these holidays will be spent with. Before you know it your bank account is drained and you're 20 pounds heavier then you were back on Labor day and just depressed thinking about who's gonna want to spend New Years with a poor fatty in some crazy outfit your grandma bought you for Christmas that you feel obligated to wear.


And then there is March 17th. A lovely time of the year where the weather usually isn't too hot or too cold...unless of course Ohio decides to have a blizzard. All your friends can join no matter their religious views or family origin (we all know those t-shirts out there advertising to kiss you even if you are German). You can all meet at a friendly neighborhood pub and throw back a couple of green Bud Lights, Mich Ultras, or even a good hearty Guinness if that's what you fancy. You can laugh and take crazy pictures and wear all the green you can find in your closet. If you desire a crazier time there are always the bars that have huge St. Patty's celebrations beginning at 6am and going into the wee hours of the morn where you can down some Irish car bombs or have yourself a Jameson and Diet Coke if you do so desire. If you are looking for more of a family friendly time there is most likely always a little parade or street festival to attend. All in all it is just a magical day where everyone can be happy and friendly and celebrate a holiday truly founded to be a day of feast...for dancing, drinking, and eating! What more could you want!?!??!

9 Days and counting!!! Who's celebrating with me?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's right, Heather!!! Pastel dresses with matching bonnets and pale linen pant suits can just burn in hell!!! Damn Columbus retail for not being St.Patty's Day friendly! And p.s. I'm so excited about next weekend I think I just peed a little just thinking about it. Erin go Braugh!! xoxo ye amazing lassie ~Kell